- Accurate counting beyond 10 and 20 (Year 2 to 100)
- Counting in 2’s 5’s and 10’s.
- Addition and subtraction.
- Pairs of numbers to 20.
- Counting on from a given number (Year 2 to 100)
- Coins to 10p (Year 2 to £1)
- Ways to pay 10p (Year 2 calculate change from 20p)
- Tell the time to nearest hour/half hour (Year 2 quarter to)
- Measure by object (Year 2 nearest CM)
- Measure and estimate with metre sticks.
- Understand and create symmetrical patterns.
- (Year 2 identify right and left give directions, clockwise – anti clockwise, quarter turns)
- Harvest vegetables and making soup.
- Measuring using natural outdoor materials.
- Looking at our own families and ourselves through the five senses.
- Making lists.
- Welsh using games, iPads, songs and Helpwr Heddiw.
- Stickman art and outdoor activities linked to Language and Maths.
Dosbarth 3/4 (Miss Davis) “Family Album” Autmn Term
‘Stickman’ Julia Donaldson
- Story focus: “Stickman”
- Sentence building, writing and story mapping
- Jolly Phonics patterns: sh, ch, th, ng, qu, ar, short vowels, ff, ll.
- Jolly Grammar - Capital letters, sentence writing, proper nouns, common nouns, alphabetical order, a or an, plurals, pronouns, initial blends. (Year 2 connectives)
- Reading: Guided reading, word building, character names ORT.
- Tricky words: Weeks 1-8
- Letter formation: tall and short letters, including flicks to letters - pre-joining. (Year 2 joining handwriting)
- Role play area – Stickman’s mud kitchen.
- Bonfire Night